Thursday, July 21, 2011

WIP Wednesday, on Thursday :oP

Well, I now have 2 of 4 placemats bound and on the table. I made napkins that match the binding months ago, it's about time I get this finished. I just take forever finishing bindings by hand. I'm not sure what my hold up is it is pretty easy.


I have a couple more rows of my asian bargello quilt done. Don't mind the wave in fabric in the picture. There just happens to be something under it on my ironing board. I'm planning on quilting a large dragon in each of the corners, and a really large koi fish (*sp?) in the center. For the rest of the space, I was thinking a really basic Sashiko style stitch to not draw away from the rest of the quilting design, but kind of sticks to the theme of the fabrics. Because of the number of seems though, it may be too difficult to do by hand. I might have to look at having someone professionally quilt this one.


I'm also working on a Brown Bear quilt for a friend who is going to have her 4th child in December. We're planning on giving them the quilt and a new copy of the book as a gift. Since I plan on hand quilting it, I better get going on this one. It is going to take me a while! Pia decided she must help showcase the beauty of this quilt. I have to choose a colour to satin stitch around all the letters on the border with. . . uggg.


And last but not least. . . you should be seeing a completed Dr. Seuss crib sheet soon, very soon. Audrey is so fixated with her Peter Rabbit and Curious George sheets, I decided she needed a Dr. Seuss one too!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a fun idea - a book with a theme quilt to go along! That is one GORGEOUS cat.

Lee said...

Brown Bear is one of my daughters' favorite books, so I love that quilt! I'm sure the recipients will love it too. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )