Thursday, July 28, 2011

Product Review: Up Mama Baby Sling and Pink Daisy Breast Pads

To start off, I want to say that I don't have any sponsors. The products I am reviewing here have not been given to me, I've paid for them myself. I like to believe, therefore, that I am an impartial party. Although I will admit to being partial to supporting Canadian owned stay-at-home-mom run businesses, since I hope to start one of my own some time soon.


Pink Daisy Breast Pads
If you are a breastfeeding mom, you probably went through the same struggle with finding good breast pads that I did. I tried a couple different companies disposable ones and thought they felt like formed concrete when removing. I tried Thyme Maternity's cotton reusable ones and soaked through them in an instant and had trouble getting them to stay in place. At this point, I was walking around with folded up washcloths in my bra out of shear desperation!


Then I ordered Pink Daisy Organic Cotton/Wool Nursing Pads. I was skeptical at first, but after trying, I was impressed. They absorb a ton! I have had very few leakage issues with them. They move around a little, but normally stay covering what they are supposed to cover and they are comfy. I know, I know...wool?!? But it's the cotton velour you are putting on your skin and the wool naturally absorbs 40% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet (or so the company claims on their packaging--and from my experience with the product, I believe them). I bought mine from a Canadian online store run by a stay-at-home-mom called byNature.ca, but I'm sure if you are in the states you could find them their too since they are made in Knoxville, TN.


Up Mama Baby Sling
My husband jokes that this is my $100 worth of sanity. But truly it is some days! There are days where my wonderful little girl isn't feeling the greatest (whether she teething or she's having another food intolerance episode) and the only way to keep her happy is to have her up and snuggled with you. Well, the sling lets her snuggle and me function. I have to admit, I haven't tried any other slings, this one came highly recommend, so I bought it and haven't had any reason not to love it. It's only weight rated up to 35lbs, but really once your baby is that heavy do you really want them hanging from you?


It is made by a small Canadian company and it is very well designed (they have some great fabric options). The thing even comes with a built in pocket! Very handy for holding a spit-up cloth, keys, etc. The fabric is mostly cotton with some spandex. Which if you know me and my views on polyester fabrics you'll agree is awesome! Turns out byNature.ca also sells the Up Mama and offers free shipping on orders over $99. I didn't realize this when I purchased the sling and actually purchased it directly from Up Mama. One more thing, the company claims it is wiggle proof, and here I believe them. My daughter is also know as a "Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle Worm" because she is so squirmy and I have never once thought for a second she was anywhere near wiggling out of the sling.

No comments: