Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finally! A PVC free stroller cover

Thank you to the makers of Jolly Jumper for finally coming to their senses and making a breathable waterproof stroller cover out of nylon rather than PVC. I was super excited when I found this today. 

Granted, there are likely a few chemicals lurking in there that I'm not a huge fan of, but at least I'm not expected to wrap my child in nasty vinyl to protect her from the rain. Nylon is a huge step up from PVC. Heck, this product could likely even be sold in California without this warning:

"WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

It also offers UVA and UVB protection. Definitely an improvement to the only options I was able to find in the spring made of clear vinyl. Although, I still wish we had purchased a baby planet stroller (link to company page here). Any strollers from the Tim and Leslie line comes with a PVC-free stroller cover.


I didn't find out about them until after we purchased our stroller. It would be awesome to have a stroller that's a little bit more compact in our car, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It's a good reminder every time I go to purchase something to REALLY make sure it isn't going to be something I'll regret later.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lynne said...

Isn't it disgusting that there aren't more options like this out there? I am so fed up with companies that don't care about the health of our children. Just awful! Thank you so much for sharing this!