Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer and slowing down


We had lunch with neighbours of ours that we don't see as often as we should today. While lingering over lunch, it dawned on me that this is something that should be done way more often. 


In the past we've frequently been busy with errands and chores and forget to take time out for friends. But what is the point of all this work to live if we don't slow down and stop to enjoy our lives? 


We live in a community where the city really makes an effort to give us a good reason to come out and gather. Today was Rib Fest, Friday there is a free concert, and there are free outdoor movies on Thursdays. I think we have to start going and enjoying more of these events. It's one of the reasons we choose to live where we live after all. (It's not just because of the twice weekly farmer's market across the street!)






I hope where ever you live this summer, you're out enjoying life for all it's worth. 

1 comment:

Barb and Sharon said...

Thanks for coming to see my blog. I looked around on your blog and your quilting is great. I started quilting on my sewing machine but recently moved to a long arm. I really like the colors you use.
Barb@Witsend