Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday--A completion? Maybe not

I'm really, really happy that I decided to go with the prairie points on this pillow for my niece, I think they are really cute and set off the 3D pinwheels nicely. 

With my AccuQuilt Studio I was able to cut out the triangles needed for HSTs, but I sewed them on their two short seams to make my prairie points. Not your typical method, but the results are really nice looking. That is until you get to sewing the layers of fabric around the edges of this pillow. . . 
Don't mind my daughter's bum in the bottom left corner. I was going to just crop her out,
but the smiling jack-o-lantern makes me smile, so I decided to leave it.


I have a little issue on one of my corners. Do I tear it all out and fight with my machine over the multiple layers again? (I don't get my new machine until the end of November) Do I tear it out and wait for the new machine which does a better job on multiple layers to fix it? Or, do I accept that it's not perfect and my niece is young enough that she's going to love it even with a botched corner? I do have a lot of other Christmas sewing to get on with and can't hold everything off for the better machine. . .


I have soooo much more I want to share with you all, but alas it is mostly secret Christmas sewing going on right now. I wouldn't want people to see what they are getting in advance on here so you are missing out for the time being. 

6 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

I love the batik fabric and the prairie points!

Scooquilt said...

I am not a prairie point fan, but these caught my eye-never saw them made from batik before! Yeah, go ahead and fix that corner, it's pretty bad.

Emma said...

My question to you - Can you live with it? If you can, leave it. If you're going to fuss with that corner everytime you see it, fix it.

(That's my general guideline to myself when pondering these things) :)

Amy E. said...

never seen prairie points before; i love how they look like pinwheels! and i love your caption on the 2nd photo about why you didn't crop out your daughter from the photo. i don't blame you!

Martha said...

I love the 3-D pinwheels and the prairie points in batik are wonderful. I probably wouldn't fix it...life is never perfect.

Anonymous said...

Leave it H will not even notice, she will love it because you made it for her. And I just love that little bum and the rest of her too, and you too. Love you Mom