Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gado-Gado—Otherwise Known as Indonesian Peanut Sauce

Four words: not worth the effort.


I now have a yogurt container full of a peanut sauce that was more like peanut butter with some onion chunks. I'll try to mixed it with more tomato sauce and chili flakes to see if I can turn it into something Tim and I will enjoy, but I don't have high hopes for this one! It was so blah, I'm not even going to bother sharing the recipe with you. The chicken that I made with it was fine, it was just plain cubes of chicken seasoned with salt and pepper, and I made a curried rice noodle, although next time I'll add even more curry powder and maybe some chili flakes.


That's 0 for 2 from the recipes in Diet for a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappé. Greek cheese and spinach wedges wasn't a real hit either. . . they've actually been relegated to the "let's not have this again category".


I took my birthday money from mom and bought How to Cook Anything, I have higher hopes for that book!


Time for blueberry pancakes just like Aunt Brenda used to make! Yummy! And then we are off for a picnic in Niagara Falls!

No comments: